CKRC HUNT TEST - WKMA
We will be using Entry Express
for map to hunt test.
AKC Licensed Hunt Test
West Kentucky Wildlife Management Area
Kevil, Kentucky (near Paducah)
Hunting Test Open to All Retriever Breeds,
Irish Water Spaniels, and Standard Poodles
This Hunting Test is held under Rules
and Procedures of the
AMERICAN KENNEL CLUB
Spring Hunt Test - March 20-21, 2021
Fall Hunt Test - TBA
West Kentucky Wildlife
Kevil, KY 42053
- From I-24 W, take the KY-305 exit- EXIT 3, turn LEFT onto KY-305 /
CAIRO RD. Continue to follow KY-305, 2.1 miles, stay STRAIGHT to
go onto KY-358. 3.4 miles, turn RIGHT onto KY-358 / KY-996, 0.2
miles, turn LEFT onto KY-358, 2.3 mile, end at West Kentucky
Wildlife Mgmt: 10535 Ogden Landing Rd, Kevil, KY 42053.
- Participants, judges, and workers shall be attired in dark or
customary hunting attire which adequately reflects a water fowling or
upland hunting environment.
Cell Phones, Etc.
- Cell phones, beepers, and pagers will not be allowed anywhere in the
gallery, and especially at the line. These have the potential to
significantly disturb the working dog and handler. In the spirit
of good sportsmanship, please them in your vehicle.
- Ribbons will be presented following each test at the WMA headquarters.
There is no dinner.
Note: Ribbons will not be mailed unless $2 postage is pre-paid to the
Hunting Test Secretary.
- Food will not be available on the grounds.
Days Inn: 270-442-7501**Special Rate mention CKRC
La Center Motel: 270-665-9181
Holiday Inn: 270-442-8874
Pear Tree: 270-444-7200
Drury Inn: 270-443-3313
Fern Lake Campground - 8 miles from WKWMA (next to the
Cheers/Pilot truck stop at I-24 Exit 3) - full facilities, space in
the back to air dogs, reasonable rate
- Hunt test site: Allows "primitive" camping in the yard near
our shop but there are no hook-ups or facilities there.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING